View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Museum Deliveries, check in here!

As we quickly approach first delivery, I thought I'd share some info for those who have optioned for R8C Museum Delivery.

I've been talking with Lori Bieschke, who is the director for Museum Deliveries at NCM. I've asked her several hypothetical, but reasonable, questions regarding deliveries. First, they will generally be scheduled with the customer in a "first in, first out" order: those with lower VINs will get theirs before those with higher VINs. Second, the Museum will contact those with R8C as soon as they have release information from the plant. Third, should the plant begin to release cars for delivery prior to September 30, the Museum will start R8C deliveries right away, and will NOT wait for the 30th. Additionally, Lori stated that in that event, the R8C plant tours will also start prior to the 30th - you will get the plant tour when you pick up your car, assuming deliveries actually start prior to the 30th.

I hope this clears a few things up for all you Museum Delivery folks. Also, I'd like everyone who has Museum Delivery to check in here with status, so we can all get a feel for where we're at in the overall scheme of things.

My Z51 Cyber Gray coupe was built on August 29, VIN 0196. Who's in front of me? Hope to meet you soon!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote