View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #14
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
I agree with sentiments that the value has to be there. I have no problem paying a premium price for a premium product that does the job every time. There is nothing more frustrating than having to "try out" products only to find they are inferior. I'm sure I'm not alone in having an extensive "collection" of sub-par products in my garage.

Now having said this there is another factor that comes into the mix and that is shipping costs. I can't tell you the number of times I have gone to a supplier's web site looking at a new and exciting product only to either hesitate or decide against the purchase when I see the cost to ship. Takes the wind out of my sails, so to speak. I have purchased products from Amazon, Adam's, Auto Geek, Chemical guys but I'll use Adam's as an example due to my proximity to them. I'm in Utah so I would expect shipping to be reasonable given the short distance from Colorado relative to other parts of the country. Given the shipping cost sticker shock here I can only imagine how bad it must be when shipping across the country.

Now I know that shipping costs have been climbing the l last couple of years and there is only so much that can be done about that. Just keep in mind the total investment required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Shipping costs are generally out of the supplier's hands. There are some cases where companies gouge you and I find that deplorable to make a profit on shipping.

However, if you want shipping costs lowered, they'll just build it into the product cost. They are not going to eat that cost. Just depends where you'd rather see it broken out or not.