View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 12:52 PM   #36
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I know where you're coming from, Casull, and believe me that I would do the same thing if my money helped out my family directly. However, I have to agree with Tag again, (I swear I'm not doing this on purpose Tag, you just keep beating me to the punch). The American Auto motive companies make up at least 30 percent of our Economy overall, Probably more. Putting money into GM, Ford, and Chrysler is probably the best choice right now considering their financial situation right now.
Here's my view:

1. I understand that parts are going to be made all over the world, No one can stop that and I'd rather have it that way actually, because by making EVERYTHING inide our borders if the US ever runs out of resources, we'd be so isolated it wouldn't be funny how screwed the country would be. As long as the Majority of the car originated, is designed and built, in North America(north or Mexico, but I won't go there), I'm good!

2.Wal-Mart's buisness practices are a perfect example of why I hate Asian competition. Their overall quality of life isn't too great so they will make crap for less than US made crap. I say Wal Mart because, as far as I've heard, they won't sell anything for less than the price that they set(which is extremely low). So their buisness practices efectively exclude US crap cause it's "too expensive for them". Sorry but I had to mention this issue.

I'll be quite honest. God's Truth- when I see the label: "MADE IN USA" my face lights up like a kid's on christmas. I get so proud.

And to answer the Original question on this thread, Depending on the size of car you need, Marosolid, I'd say go for a Cobalt or G5(same thing really), or the new Malibu.