View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #52
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Samuland....I love that RS convert!

I'm not so sure I could list all of the Camaros I've had over the years. (I've had company cars since 1977, -- and thus, there have been a LOT of Camaros in my driveway)

That said...my first Camaro (that was all mine....) was a new 1973 Camaro LT. I wanted a Z28, but my father - who was a Chevy Dealer -- would not allow it. (he knew firsthand what happened when I took his Chevelle SS-396 one evening.........something about missing some tread on the rear tires when it got back from a 'fun' evening.....)

We had a couple of Camaros in stock.....but two of the 5 were Z28s....two were 6 cylinders (Not interested!) and the other was a 350 coupe..but it had whitewalls and wheel covers..................

so....I got out the 'Dealer Locator' (this was before computers.....) and found a Metallic Orange Type LT Rally Sport.......at a dealership south of Pittsburgh. My father made the trade over the phone and I went to pick my new Camaro up............

.................imagine my surprise to find out that the car was Chamois -- and a non-rally sport. (The Orange one had been sold........)

But....I was so excited to get my new Camaro that it really didn't matter.

I kept the 73 Type LT for one year -- then ordered a Bright Red 74 Type LT the next year.

Since then, I've had many many 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen Camaros (and Firebirds)

There have been many nights when I'd come out of a GM Building after a very rough day......and all I would have to do is fire up that Camaro V8 engine....and it puts a smile on my face every time.

I'm glad this thread got started.......it's fun to read about others' first Camaros.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote