View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 10:04 PM   #440
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMayhem View Post
Florida resident here, I experienced this same frustrating fogging. A solution was posted earlier here, and it works. I got a 4 foot section of "commercial vinyl baseboard" cut it to 18 inches and placed it over the vent. Lowes has black and grey in stock at my local store. It has a lip on one end that tucks between the windshield and dash, so it doesn't slide around. I haven't had time to do a more custom cut but it will be easy to do. this solution appealed to me rather than have the local Chevy dealer tear out the dash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMayhem View Post
Did you use the heavy vinyl stuff? Maybe I'm not giving it enough gas, I am still in break - in mode.
I'm using exactly the same vinyl baseboard from Lowe's with the small lip along one edge. I tucked the lip edge into the base of the windshield and have not had it break loose yet on hard acceleration.

As far as I'm concerned, this is my permanent fix. Easy to put in place and easy to remove if I need more defogging.

No fogging at all anymore. I've practically forgotten it's there until I ran across this thread again! .

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote