View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The next Mustant will not look like that orange car. Perhaps around half the red car, but not the orange one.

As for EcoBoast ... if they think it can help them sell a few more units, good for them. I maintain that a larger NA engine of similar output with similar technology (besides forced induction) will be a better engine. In this case, it would be a small (3L-ish) direct injected V6 with VVT, tuned to maximize fuel economy instead of power. It would be of similar output, at a similar weight, with similar fuel economy, but at a lower cost & better throttle response. I'm not opposed to forced induction when it prevents the need for designing a car to accept a larger engine. But cars like the Camaro & Mustang will always need V8s, in which case ... designing it for an I4, and a V6, and a V8 could end up cancelling any possible benefits to be made by using an I4 in the first place.

Plus ... if its not in a press release from the OEM, I wouldn't exactly call it 'confirmation'
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote