Thread: The new guy...
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
BlueAc

Drives: Acura TL (for now)
The new guy...

What's up everyone? I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Jay and I'm from right outside of Philly. I've owned 5 vehicles in my lifetime ranging from a POS hand me down '91 Dodge Dynasty to my current '07 Acura TL-Type S. For the last few years I've been getting the itch for some American muscle. I've lusted over the CTS V wagon for a while but I have come to the realization that it's not feasible at this point (unless I sell the house n live in it ). About 3 years while in Vegas for vacation I was able to rent a Camaro SS from Avis and I really got a good feel for the vehicle, although I never considered one for myself. My reason for not considering one was, I thought it was going to be a fad car like the Pt Cruiser and 300's but it's not. Over the past few weeks I have been strongly considering the Camaro especially that 1LE . Now here's my dilemma, my only experience driving a manual transmission was when I got my CDL 2 years ago and I haven't since.

I haven't been able to locate any driving schools that offer manual lessons and my only friend that knows how to drive one only wants to teach me on the Camaro lol. Any suggestions? I would hate to have to pay extra for the Auto and then turn around and do upgrades just to get that "1LE" look and feel. On the other hand it would suck to get the 1LE and then realize I hate driving a manual. I was thinking about buying a beater off Craigslist and then selling it later, but not sure that makes much sense either . I was at the dealership the other day looking at the exact one I wanted but was embarrassed to admit I couldn't even drive it off the lot if I wanted to . #FirstWorldProblems
BlueAc is offline   Reply With Quote