View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.morblu View Post
Nice write up Chase. This will really help someone in the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by umiami2312 View Post
Thank you! Great post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate2013 View Post
I am in the market for a set and wow Thanks Chase very informative! I just have some questions, which I'm sure they are in the forum somewhere and I don't have hrs to read over threads that bicker back and forth with no real definitive info. Do you have to have a tune when using long tubes or will it implode if driven without one?(JK) I want to avoid tuning to protect my warranty,but want rid of the rusted manifolds that are on it now. They were rusted when I picked up my 2014 1LE with 12 miles on it! Will it hurt performance immensely? I would like to clean up the engine compartment that's all, not looking for more performance right now. I know people have had a CEL and some claim not. Thanks
You do not have to get a tune, however, you will be leaving performance on the table and you will get a check engine light. Meaning that if some legitimate reason for the CEL to come on were to occur you would not know it. I can see how that could used as justification to not cover the repair under warranty thus negating the point of not tuning in the first place. If you want to protect your warranty the best bet is to wait on headers until you are ready to tune and take responsibility if something were to occur. Another option would be shorty headers and high flow cats. They do not require tuning but the performance gains will not be as strong as long tubes.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote