View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 11:28 PM   #40
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Sledge thanks for this. Your video was very dramatic and entertaining! We are still early days on the CA6 SS and like with the Coyote we are dealing with some great engineering from the factory. What might hold things back is the somewhat slow sales of the CA6.

Also it seems like exhaust changes are worth more HP than intake changes so far unlike the 5th gens. But still no big gains. So gaining 40 HP like we could with the 5th gen with comparitively cheap boltons might not be possible or as cheap with the CA6 SS as it was with the 5th gen.

But what new Camaro owners might not realize is the new SS out of the box is as fast as an LS3 5th gen with a CAI, Scoop, LTS, Cat delete, and DRs. Holy crap are we getting spoiled? Since I have recently owned 3 5th gens and a 6th gen SS and drag raced them all I can make the following real world comparison over time at the same drag strip in different conditions for all cars (spring, summer, fall) same driver all within a <1/10th sec ET:

Stock M6 CA6 SS = M6 LS3 5th gen with CAI, Scoop, LTs, DRs = Stock M6 5th gen ZL1

With the new SS we already own an amazing car. Now we want more. Count me in too. But now I am thinking the only way to dramatically improve the LT1 performance is some form of FI. But just in case