View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #9
OldSchool

Drives: 2014 LRG 2LT Z51 Stingray
Quote:
1.) the normal navigation menu has a map display along with turn by turn directions on the side. since I activated onstar, I asked them to send me directions home. After on star sent directions to the vehicle, the screen switched to half turn by turn directions and the other half displaying the radio. Despite pressing the nav button on the screen menu it would never return back to the map and kept it on turn by turn directions. How do I toggle between the 2? When I logged into my on star account there was some check box for turn by turn is that it?
Infotainment Guide, Page 54: An OnStar® Subscriber has the ability to connect to the OnStar system and ask an OnStar Advisor to download a destination into the built-in navigation system. OnStar will send address information and location coordinates of the destination into the navigation system.

Infotainment Guide page 56: If the vehicle has both a built-in navigation system and OnStar, the system only allows one application at a time. If an OnStar Turn-by-Turn route is in progress, all other internal navigation functions are disabled until the route is completed. When the navigation application is selected, OnStar Turn-by-Turn screens display.

Basically, what this is saying is that you can contact OnStar and do 1 of 2 things: ask them to download turn by turn directions, which will then over-ride the navigation system, or ask them to download the destination to your navigation system, which will then use the built-in navigation function just as if you had typed in a destination or used the voice recognition to do so. You just have to be sure you ask for what you want, as they are mutually exclusive - once you are using the OnStar turn by turn navigation you cannot use the built-in nav until you complete the OnStar route or cancel it.
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote