View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #20
Milliwatt Rob

Drives: 1996 Olds Aurora, 2009 VW Jetta TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkpaw View Post
Not trying to sound like a snob but you are absolutely right. My first experience at a Chevy dealership was ordering my C7 and I felt like I had to take a shower afterward.

- One salesman tried to steal my order from the person I had already been working with.

- I was lied to about their available allocations (and 5 months later my car still isn't in production!)

- I wanted the Corvette tire valve thingies and was told 'Sorry buddy you gotta order those separate from our parts department.' I'm dropping $80k (w/tax) on a car and you are going to make me jump through hoops to get a $50 accessory!?!?

Vastly different experience than at MB or Lexus. Even buying my gf a Subaru was 100 times more pleasant. If I had found this forum sooner I would have bought from Becky in MI and driven it home. She seems like a quality person.

Back on topic. I was going to buy an F-type. The V-8 sound is awesome and in person the car is gorgeous. Pics don't seem to do it justice.

Then I saw a C7 in person and fell in love with the looks. To me it just looks pissed off, and I love it! So while I'm still relatively young I decided to get the C7 and go for a more refined car down the road.

As far as comparing the ride you'll have to ask someone else. I don't know squat about cars. Both exceed my driving capabilities.
My last and only Corvette was a 64 Stingray convertible that I bought used, as a 19 year old, in 1966. After doing research on this and other sites, but mostly this site, I have decided to skip even visiting any of the Chevy dealers in my immediate area and went straight to MacMulkin in Nashua NH. ( I am not quite ready to order yet, as I am getting an inheritance windfall, and it isn't quite here yet). I met a professional and courteous sales team that was very well informed on the product. Further, if I need service or warranty work, I would rather have it worked on by technicians at a service department where my car is not the first and only one they have ever seen.
Milliwatt Rob is offline   Reply With Quote