View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 AM   #46
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Smile

I bought my first and so far only camaro in 1997. I was 22 and it was a 1988 TTop coupe. If you recall 88 non IROC camaro hardtops were bizarre, as it was the ONLY year of the 3rd gens that had that goofy rear wing that wasn't like the one on the IROC and previous versions. Instead of the 'ducktail' that ran across the rear deck and down along the tops of the down sloping tailights. also it had different logos on the car, instead of RS and a bowtie or IROC it just said CAMARO and a bowtie, the same goes for the side rocker panel extensions. The car was dark charcoal grey with silver body extensions. The previous owner replaced the 15" earlier Z28 rims that were on the car with a set of cragar mags that resembled the rims you find on funny cars with the 5 spoke star design with a series of small rivets that ran around the edge of the rim. On the inside the base model steering wheel was replaced with a Grant aftermarket wheel, which looked a LOT better than that goofy vertical rectangular horn pad rim . The only thing I did to the car was replace the base style tailights (same as the 82-87 Z28 lenses but didn't have that horizontal black stripe that ran through the lens) with a set of 89 3 stripe IROC lenses. I put a set of nice BF Goodwrench Radial T/A white letter tires on the car, and replaced the stock ac delco stereo deck with a pioneer cassette deck and CD changer for the rear storage area. I really miss that car, I bought it for 1600, and sold it for 2300 in 99. The guy who bought it off of me totaled it by sliding sideways into a telephone pole bending the car at the middle a week later . Alas I never had any pics of it.

This is a pic of a 88 coupe like mine, just a different color.