View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #11
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Recall both 2013 Coupe (regular body) and Grand Sport (wide body) share the same wheel base although the GS does have a wider track in the front.

C&D not withstanding, it is my understanding that the averaging is along different models in the same vehicle line and not across all models by a single manufacturer, unlike todays standards that allow the Cruze etc. vehicle line to be included with the Corvettes.

Although I am often skeptical of C&D, I somehow find their summary of the hundreds of pages to support my theory as to why there will be a regular body Corvette introduced into the mix, probably in 2016.

I do not see the 2016 regs as being the end of the world, but I do see vehicle manufacturers adjusting their designs to meet the standards. I just happen to believe one adjustment Chevy will take is a regular body Corvette with a more fuel efficient (therefore most likely a smaller displacement) engine.

Although Ferrari is cutting back to 7000 units a year, it would be a very good alternative to a Corvette if a buyer were to decide they could never buy another Corvette for any reason. Why recommend Ferrari? Ferrari is an Italian version of the name Smith!

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote