Old 06-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
jsvette

Drives: C7, XTS, Porsche, C70
Question GM changes policy on new car maintenance

"BREAKING: GM To Offer Free Basic Maintanance On Most MY14 Vehicles

Automotive News
June 6, 2013
Article Quotes:
DETROIT -- General Motors will include free maintenance on most 2014 Chevrolet, Buick and GMC models in a bid to increase sales through better customer loyalty, CEO Dan Akerson said today.
Buyers will get free oil and filter changes, tire rotations and 27-point inspections for two years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. GM recently began offering the same deal on its Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups and already offers a more extensive free-maintenance program for Cadillac.
A GM spokesman said the offer will be good on "virtually all" models sold at retail, with the possible exception of a few low-volume, high-performance cars. " As a first time purchaser of a Stingray I was amazed to find it only comes with a 3 yr 36k warranty. I did not realize GM differentiated across it product lines. Now if I am reading this correctly the Corvette will be excluded from the 2 year free maintenance. My new XTS comes with 4yr 5ok bumper to bumper warranty and 4 yr 50k maintenance. Why is Corvette a poor stepchild when it comes to warranty and maintenance?
jsvette is offline   Reply With Quote