View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 03:44 PM   #28
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Thanks, @Joe M 2012 2SS.

There are definitely some water spots that are the direct result of the minerals in my well water. But, given that the car sat on a dealer's lot for 9 months in New England and went through a full-blown range of seasons and weather before I bought it, I want to make sure that I'm starting out with as clean of a surface as I can get.

I'm going to use the Meguiar's polish that @Glen e recommended and Reload and will not use Essence. I don't actually HAVE the Reload (or Eraser) yet, but they should come this week.

One of the things I am trying to be able to deal with is the dust that collects all over the rear of the car from the brakes. I washed the car thoroughly on Friday and pulled it into the garage afterward. I wiped everything down so that the car was as dry as possible everywhere including under the decklid, under the convertible tonneau, and inside of the doors. I drove the car 50 miles in great weather and the back of the car was covered in black dust. :(

My #1 goal is to be able to allow the car to STAY as clean as possible in between washes with goal #2 being to make the washing process as simple as possible. While I understand the general goal of a rinseless wash, I don't understand the science of it. That's to say... I don't understand how it doesn't make the paint more susceptible to scratching due to less water and how leaving soap on the paint (without rinsing it, there -has- to be residue) isn't bad for it.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote