View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #13
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I feel abused that I actually opened the link. GM and Ford just don't do that so I was quite curious.

Of course I find nothing even close the what OP posted AND no new information other than someone at Fordauthority actually thinks the Mustang is doing "quite well" which it isn't.

The entire segment is dying a slow and agonizing death.

And for those that keep blaming GM Marketing for this, you simply can't accept the fact that of the 3 in this segment, the Camaro has the most tradeoffs. You can't market a car with a crap rear seat (GM's own admission at launch), the least trunk space (Sorry it's not useable) and of course visibility (easy to measure but the fanboys won't accept it). GM knows this. GM knows the tradeoffs they made.

As I've said, GM made the very best Left Handed baseball glove, maybe the best ever. And you all think that they can just go and set up a plan to sell it to Right Handed players.

GM rolled the dice on taking input only from the "Camaro Faithful" and lost. That message was make an even better Gen5 Camaro and GM succeeded on this in a HUGE way. It just wasn't the sales volume answer.

And it's really funny how so many think the Chief Engineer was "reassigned" to EVs. More than likely he was offered a career opportunity to what is most likely GM's future products and took it. The Camaro Chief Engineer role was filled and there is currently someone doing that job every day. That's usually how these thing roll at that level.