View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #1
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Major dilemma, looking for insight

Well, my ZL1 1LE order finally got pushed through. Now, had this been 5 months ago, I would have been ecstatic. But now the majority of my Camaro track days are behind me as I transition to wheel to wheel racing in the C5 w/LS7. I will undoubtedly still track the ZL1. Just not primarily.

Most here know that I have a '17 ZL1 already and am a total track rat. I don't put much consideration into the stiffer ride the 1LE offers. I can handle it on the street and it won't be my primary transportation anyway.

SO, the question is do I sell the ZL1 and continue with the ZL1 1LE purchase, or just stick with the ZL1 I have? Pros v cons...let 'em rip fellas (& gals). I appreciate all insight as I'm sure there is much I've not considered. The obvious is the $$$ hit on depreciation and new purchase taxes. It's going to be about a $20,000 swing in my estimation.

Note: My '17 ZL1 has 4,000 miles on it. It is in perfect cosmetic condition and I have all new OEM brake rotors, calipers, pads & lines ready to go in for a full refresh. NO other mods except a 1LE rear wing.