View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
I think McGregor has a chance only after listening to how hesitant Mayweather was to return to the ring. ESPN interviewed him after the first press conference and he didn't seem like the Mayweather I've heard in the past. He knows he's past his prime, didn't want to train for this and honestly it just felt like he came back for the check and doesn't care if he wins or loses. Can't blame a guy for coming out of retirement for $100 million.

When Mayweather ran his mouth about not caring where it was, boxing ring or octagon, I just laughed and thought don't say that. He's one of the all-time great boxers but in an MMA bout he'd have no chance. Same thing should go the other way for McGregor but watching his training and knowing he can take a hit, he's got a chance. If they were using 4oz gloves instead of 10oz, I'd say McGregor would be the favorite.

I do believe if Mayweather wins, we could see more of these crossover matches between MMA and boxing. If Mayweather loses, then it will definitely hurt boxing more than it already is. MMA really has nothing to lose here, whereas boxing has everything to lose.
strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote