View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 04:21 AM   #18
MJP

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Putting my car on jack stands is likely the scariest thing I ever have to do. Twice I've had it shift in a way that it flips off that ZL1 addon Pinch weld adapter and all the weight of the car collapses on the painted rocker panel. CRUNCH!> Ahhhhh!

It's 100% my fault because I have an old 2 ton floor jack and the round plate it uses is recessed too deep, so when I roll it under the car and set the ZL1 adapter in there, the sides of the floor jack adapter plate want to make contact with the rocker panel.
I bought a hockey puck and it still isn't quite enough so I used a piece of 2/4 and thought that would work until it exploded into a bunch of pieces one time and dropped the car right onto the rocker panel. The next time It did it I was using a scrap piece of steel and while jacking the car up it rolled over some how... Same thing. . Aghh!.

So yeah time to buy a low profile floor jack so this doesn't happen again.

I was lucky the paint is so flexible on the lower rocker. It broke the retaining clip but no paint damage.
Damn,, I'm thinking maybe I should just leave her alone.
Leave her alone in the garage at below zero temperatures for four months.
Maybe it's better too just go out in the spring and pay $1500.00 for new rubber.
MJP is offline   Reply With Quote