View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 06:51 AM   #17
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Putting my car on jack stands is likely the scariest thing I ever have to do. Twice I've had it shift in a way that it flips off that ZL1 addon Pinch weld adapter and all the weight of the car collapses on the painted rocker panel. CRUNCH!> Ahhhhh!

It's 100% my fault because I have an old 2 ton floor jack and the round plate it uses is recessed too deep, so when I roll it under the car and set the ZL1 adapter in there, the sides of the floor jack adapter plate want to make contact with the rocker panel.
I bought a hockey puck and it still isn't quite enough so I used a piece of 2/4 and thought that would work until it exploded into a bunch of pieces one time and dropped the car right onto the rocker panel. The next time It did it I was using a scrap piece of steel and while jacking the car up it rolled over some how... Same thing. . Aghh!.

So yeah time to buy a low profile floor jack so this doesn't happen again.

I was lucky the paint is so flexible on the lower rocker. It broke the retaining clip but no paint damage.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote