Thread: Chevy Sales
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 09:50 PM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
We went ahead and stopped by the dealer today. As far as any new information, they said, "Well, the concept was unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show and GM announced it's plans to build it". At that point, I was hesitant to ask if there was anything new. Of course, they had no idea. I don't blame them. I gave them a little history about my purchasing 4 cars from them. They said they would do what it takes to keep me a life long customer and make sure I get my Camaro from them.

They speculated an outcome of approx 70% V6's and the rest Z28's and SS's. They continued to say that since Ford has an engine that currently will outdo the LS2, GM must offer up something to top it. We already guessed that as well. The kicker is that dealers have allocations (which was mentioned by DAVE) which they must live with. If they get 25 V6's, 5 Z-28's, and 2 SS's, you can bet that an SS will be on the showroom floor. Ancira said they only get an allocation of 2 Z06's per year. He continued to say that this is the reason Ford will have a GT500 sitting on their showroom floor for months at chingos of dollars above sticker. He also expressed his unhappiness with dealers who pull the 20K above sticker price. Not much more was said except that they seriously hope to be able to sell me what I want at a good price. He ended it by saying IT ALL DEPENDS ON ALLOCATION!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote