View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #16
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I don't mean to dampen the party or trash talk so don't get me wrong but I was wondering if anyone happened to know this.. Alot of the "cheaper" used 2SS's in my area are actually all convertables and none of them are hard tops and I was wondering if anyone might know why... By cheaper I mean like up to 10k miles and about $35 - $37k (which is about $15k off MSRP) ...anyone know why more of these are on the market than Hard Tops?
In my view Camaro convertibles don't retain as much of their value in general versus the coupes mainly because GM seems to fleet them out to rental companies and they then end up at auction in larger numbers as low mileage current model year units. In my research just in the last month over 160 2017 verts have gone through one of the largest national auto auctions, most seem to be rental units. Ford seems to fleet even higher numbers of mustang convertibles for rentals. This happens mostly because convertibles are highly desirable as a rental. Sadly it can have a negative effect on used car values.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote