View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Wagner View Post
When I get the C7 I'm going to be putting a new sound system in it. I will probably be putting in 3 12 inch subwoofers, a ported box, an amp, and then front speakers and a smaller amp to power those.

So with all that extra weight I was wondering if installing a good Cold Air Intake would balance it out? Or would I still be slower than stock I've heard of guys with C6's adding up to 30 horsepower by just adding a CAI so I wasn't sure if that's true and if it would be enough? I'd ultimately like to be faster than stock so would I need to add some Long Tube Headers or something else as well? I know this is still all speculation and guessing without numbers but any advice or ideas would help me a lot! Thank you
From what I've read, the upgraded Blowz 2LT/3LT audio includes a 14 liter ported box/sound tube already in the hatch. I'd imagine there's going to be some serious gutting involved. You planning on replacing all the amplification and OEM speakers? Or just adding subs and additional amps to run them?

And with 460 ft./lbs. of torque? I wouldn't sweat adding a couple of hundred pounds in the back. Think of it as improving the weight distribution
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote