Thread: Updating a car
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I did see that movie
And isn't that a scary thought:eek: ? That the whole world just ices over within 3 days...

I actually seriously considered the Volt as an option for me in the future. It looks pretty nice too . Then I looked at the picture of the Camaro on my desktop...I can't do it. I need my Camaro.
So that got me toying with the idea of re-vamping the car.

I really don't think it's that "out there" of an idea. Don't get me wrong it will be a $hi!- load of work. But I'd be willing to do it .
And I'm more than confident that they will have high-powered motors that will be = 300+ hp by the time any of my plans go into effect. So the concern of the weight of the car vs. motor power really doesn't bother me. I want to put a Volt-like powertrain into it. I'd place the batteries up in the drive shaft canal and some under the hood with the generator. I'd get the most powerful electric motors I could get my hands on and mount them to the wheels. Obviously I'll have to research the mechanics of an electric vehicle a little bit more if/when I do do this, but hey, why not. It will give me something to do in my retirement.