View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 12:33 PM   #87
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
The bellyaching about California by people who don't even live in California is political noise, including the people who actually live there and complain about it; one wonders why they don't move somewhere else. The Camaro isn't even in the top 10 stolen cars yet the topic is being discussed like the Camaro has ascended to the most stolen car in America and we're at risk of losing our insurance coverage.

It's worth taking note, however, and people who live in LA county should be extra vigilant. Others should take notice as well, as OBD-port and RFID theft is on the rise.

This to me feels like a level-headed approach, but I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong. It's the path I'm taking; I don't live in LA county.

It's like when my doctor says eating bacon increases my chance of a heart attack by 1,000%. But bacon as a single factor not expressed as a percentage increase of risk from .000001 to .001. I'd like to see what the actual risk of threat is, instead of swallowing the potentially sensationalist statistic used to garner clicks and reads in order to make my own choices.

If parking in a garage at night and not living in neighborhoods of East LA lower my risk 10,000%, I think I'm ahead.
Yep kind of agree this sis getting a bit out of hand. The Camaro shares an electrical architecture with many other GM cars, some of which are more expensive than the Camaro. Also GM is not the only car company that has this problem.

My guess is if it were as easy to fix as a quick OTA calibration tweak GM would have done it. My guess is there is hardware required as well or he necessary module is already maxed out.

And likely this isn’t that big a problem for GM. They have the data and we don’t.

And my favorite is the threat o& a lawsuit for a car that meets federal standards and when released was on par with industry standards. But I’m sure a lawyer who can retire on just that one white whale class action suit will soon be sniffing around.

Camaro sales or lack thereof no longer matter here. Insurance cost and car value still does. And lost value would be the only real basis for any lawsuit.

Top 3 stolen cars in 2023, Chevy FSP, GMC FSP, Ford F150. But also the highest volume of cars on the road are one of these 3. So GM has a bigger problem than Camaro.

https://insurify.com/car-insurance/i...hevy%20pickups.