View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Post Great Article: Paying Homage to the Past while Leaping Forward

Article

Highlights :

"the 100,000 mile warranty covers track use! (Take that Nissan, for equipping your cars with a launch control system…that voids the warranty!) Of course, they don’t want you chipping the ECU, or bolting on a set of Hoosiers. The warranty is only valid for the car as delivered."

"(
Gauge cluster configuration)is a configurable display setup, that yes, can be set to mimic an analog tach!"

"All doors are adjusted in their opening on the assembly line for perfect joining gaps, and if the interior panel, which is usually fixed to the door doesn’t match the dash by as little as 1/16th of an inch, drivers will notice it in an instant. Helen did something that is unheard of at GM. She invited the manufacturing engineers up to the studio and asked them for a solution."

"
To my eye, the only ‘miss’ is the steering wheel, which is actually aluminum. But due to glare issues, it’s anodized a dark grey, which is a shame because it just doesn’t ‘read’ as aluminum. I wondered out loud if a milled section or edge to reveal the core aluminum might help. Turns out I hit a moving target, and Helen suggested I hold off final judgment as the preproduction car we were in wasn’t finalized in that particular area.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote