View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Will the new Z06 fit the criteria for supercar?

In short, this.

Was wandering through the Gold Coast of Chicago today with a friend and we took a few detours, visited the Bentley dealer and a showroom with a Stingray sitting out front. He's a big import guy but he definitely gave the stingray its props which was cool.

Eventually we got into a interesting conversation about the Z06 due out, since I'm currently planning to purchase one I may have gotten a bit more heart into it but I told him I figured the new Z06 would fit well as a supercar. He looked at me as if I was crazy, even when mentioning the ZR1 he would not budge on anything more then a high end sports car. Mind you, he's all about the Porsches and Lamborghinis but I felt he was narrowing the definition of supercar down to only price range. Nonetheless it piqued my curiosity.

I wanted to ask you guys, was I overzealous? Does the Corvette belong in the realm of high end sports car or would it be appropriate to label the Z06 and ZR1 trims supercar? What would be the adequate definition of a supercar as it seems to vary from site to site and enthusiast to enthusiast. Has it changed over time? I've heard of hypercars as well but being younger I wanted some insight from some folks who have been around the block so to speak.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote