View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #6
Vette Pax

Drives: 1999 C5; 2016 C7 Stingray
1100 Status Story

We placed an order with an in-state dealer in January of this year. 7 weeks later, it was still in the "nothing happening" 1100 status. I only found that out after finding this great website and the awesome Becky reporting the status.

We did exactly what regguy1, suggested above: after the dealer said he had no idea when he would get an allocation or when we could realistically expect to take delivery, we cancelled the order on the premise that we would rather have a new-model '16 than a late model '15. He refunded our 10% deposit.

I called several dealers who had high volume Corvette sales and the last one I spoke with was Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet. She had all the right answers and requested only a minimal deposit. She placed our order the first day that orders for '16s were open, while speaking with us on the phone to be sure that everything was correct! 2 months later our Stingray had been built (she texted us with that news) and 3 weeks after that, we took delivery! And even better, she REALLY DOES honor all applicable discounts.

So, if you do cancel your current order, do look at other dealers, but most definitely contact Becky.
Vette Pax is offline   Reply With Quote