View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 06:36 AM   #4
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
The ZL1 bogging isn’t cool but... The 69 ZL1 was a drag car and the street versions of the Superbird and Daytona sucked at everything. ...and NHRA ZL1 1LE? That’s a misapplication of a precision instrument.

If you want to use the car for NHRA, could you tune out the torque management? Your warranty is gone anyway?
Nope Torque management on the M6 is not the issue. Been there, done that. I think whatever GM did here is to protect the M6 drive train and they do not want to comment on it. Edit: I take this back, thanks Ask AL. Although at least one tuner has claimed to have addressed the issue. But is it really in the tune?

I will say my full bolt-on M6 SS is a 1/4 mile veteran and the drive train is holding up great. Do I really want to flatbed home my Chevy for a couple of tenths? Been there done that.

And what is wrong with wanting your $70K chevy to run low 11s? But of course setting up a car for the road track does not make a good 1/4 mile car. 1LE SSes are slower in the 1/4 than every day SSes. Been there done that too.

Last edited by Fraxum; 02-20-2018 at 06:53 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote