View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #8
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Thanks guys - Wife keeps asking me if I think I can get in and out of the C7 OK and do I think I really want to buy this car - I tell her "I'll manage" - For this car, I tell her "I'll find a way" - My everyday driver is an AWD 2005 Dodge Magnum RT Hemi 340 HP (great car) and can get in and out just fine - Had the last gen Camaro Pace Car, and got in and out OK, but still its not a Corvette - Problem is the flexabilty in my college football knees after a dozen total operations on both some before arthroscoptic surgery and finally two knee replacements now with tons of scar tissue and greatly reduced knee-bend flexability - Also stipidly did the 5K & 10K running thing that was the thing in the 80's on knees with no cartilidge - Wife asks if I had to do it all over again would I play football to which of course I say "Yes!" - Wife is 5'7" 125 lbs and can bend her fine knees like a gymnast and has no idea about guys knees, especially those of us who got them banged up a little - She gets in and out of cars like a butterfly - Says she needs a whole new hot wardrobe to go with the hot car - Car keeps getting more expensive - So, with her fine figure, in a hot new outfit, maybe folks will stare at her getting in and out of my hot C7 and not me - My brother-in-law, 5'4" 140 lbs. quick-as-a-fox, skill-speed-surprise-are-everything, not-to-be-messed-with former US Marine Viet Nam "Tunnel Rat" also asks me if I think I will be be able to get in and out OK and maybe he should have the car if I can't do it right - He was C1 & C2 Corvettes as a Marine (certainly not an old man's car back then), crashed more than his fair share of Vettes, and says I should have him properly "break in" my C7 - I ask him how many crashes it shall take before he has "properly" broken it in - He grins - Now about 70, not long ago, carrying two bags, he got jumped in a parking lot by 4 big Gen X, Y, or Z guys looking for drug money from an easy hit on a small gray-haired old man, none of whom were still conscious when the police arrived - Complained about his hands hurting the next day, which he says they should not if he had handled himself correctly, but that he was out of practice - Sent him a copy of "Second Hand Lions" - Great to here about the C7 easy entry feature, that may be the ticket.

This is the hot new C7 on order: http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...iOnRydWV9XX0=@

This is who says she needs hot new outfits to go with the hot new C7: http://www.bandmix.com/drzphd/

Last edited by Richardlord; 11-20-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote