View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I believe there remain reports of 7/1 and 7/8 TPWs and there are a few 3300s without TPWs. I strongly doubt regular production will start before the end of July and an early August start seems likely. The reason for my doubt is simple: Chevrolet has not announced the start of regular production date, something that happens well in advance for any of their products but most especially for their high profile products. Remember, the first C7 has been sold for $1,000,000 and the successful buyer traditionally is there for the press coverage as he drives the car the final several feet off the assembly line, as press coverage will be extensive.

I have no idea why late June and early July TPWs came to light, other than a glitch, and anyone who has pre-ordered any vehicle in the past can affirm how unstable tracking can be. That is one reason I vow to never do a retail pre production start order ever again and I have always stuck to that vow, with the exception of my last several pre-orders.

If regular production starts August 5, the first thousand will be at the ordering dealer before Labor Day weekend. If later (and August 12 seems to be the earliest since the wholesale pullback) than the same time frame plus the one or more weeks after August 5. There may be an exception, but Chevy generally starts regular production on Monday.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote