View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #12
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
Just for clarification; I am well aware of the benefits of dropping to a different size wheel so I can fit better (and cheaper) tire options. However, at this time I need to do my best to stick to options that fit the stock wheels. Otherwise, I would have my Forgeline order in.

My wife and I worked out an agreement on yearly spend that can be allocated towards track days, and if I buy new wheels, that will make a major dent in how many track days I can actually do (I target 9 a year, and I pay for the track day insurance each time).

The OEM tires are pretty good, and I would not cry too much if I had to stick with it. I am just doing my due diligence to see what other options I can come up with that could be a better tire for my use case.

glamcem - Thank you for the link. I will read it in detail later today when I have a bit more time.
I hear ya- but if you're planning 9 events a year, you'd almost certainly come out ahead by buying dedicated track wheels/ tires in the first year alone!

Apex wheels (18x10 et25) on sale $246 each, R888R in 295/30 18 is $254 each. Hands down best bang for $ setup. 8% shorter effective rear gearing also makes the car even better on track as well.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote