View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #22
B. Pateman

Drives: E550 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
wow...Mr Beverly Hills....show some respect. Could you be so narrow-minded to REALLY think anyone would join the military just to get discounts? Go visit a VA hospital, I think you need to see first hand the sacrifices our military men and women make while you're enjoying life in Beverly Hills.
First, I didn't say that the only reason people join the military is for discounts. Perhaps you should have read the entire post before hyper-focusing on my location. I said you shouldn't throw out the fact that people "risk life and limb" as a justification for a discount on a sports car.

Second, more than half of my family has served this country, going back to WWI. I've seen the effects of war and betrayal firsthand, and its not pretty. The vets I know rarely ever speak of their service, and would never use it as a reason to obtain a discount on a sports car.

Third, I respect all those in the military who humbly serve this country. However, I have zero respect for those who are quick to use it as a bargaining chip.
B. Pateman is offline   Reply With Quote