View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #76
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
Per experience, the first Corvette consensus (which should be at the end of May, about now) would be for projected August production. The second Corvette consensus will probably be closer to the start of regular production: my guess toward the end of July. Those orders picked in the first consensus will get their build date and eta dealer delivery date near the end of June. Corvette is better at these predictions than the rest of Chevrolet, one reason is that Corvettes ship by truck car hauler and not by train. Chevy picks retail sold orders before dealer stock orders and rumor has it will follow up to determine a retail sold is not a dealer stock order.

Laborsmith
This is great info, thank you for posting it. I had no idea it would be August before they started production.

I was told that all Priority #1 orders from all dealers would be first for production, regardless if a dealer gets 2 allocations or 50, and the rest of the orders would be allocated over the next 6-9 months. Becky, does that sound right to you?

Also, when will these orders start getting pulled? I know someone mentioned this week? Is that true, or will it be closer to next week, since it's the actual end of May.

This is exciting