View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
It’s a great deal. Are there any car companies offering a 100k mile bumper to bumper at this point in time? Besides, how many of us are going to wait five years before we start installing Mods that void that warranty??? Not me, as soon as there are aftermarket Mods available I going to buy and install them… That the addiction we all suffer from… I need this , I need that, I need this, I need that, and don’t forget about those. It never ends. I think I need counseling…
HA! My wife thinks I need counseling too. Or, at least WE need counseling due to my car addiction!!!

We have the 10 yr 100K mile warranty on the kia and so far we haven't had to use it. But, it sure is nice knowing that it's there. And, that's kinda the same. Powertrain, I think, is 5 years. As far as this being a big deal....
IT IS. I took care of my 02 Z28 and still had the trans go w/ only 6K miles on the odo. With the powertrain being covered for 5 years, that's a huge plus for those who get on it from time to time. If you haven't had powertrain problems while being in your 4th or 5th year of owning a vehicle, I'd say your pretty lucky. It doesn't have to be a driver/owner error. Sometimes, stuff just breaks.

Also, when I got my 02 SS, I went to Warranty Direct and got the Major Care plan for the extended warranty. It covers me for 4 extra years and up to 75K miles....if I remember correctly. But, it's mailny for powertrain and the "big ticket items". I don't wanna be down the road and end up having problems when I think they could have been avoided.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote