View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 02:46 AM   #47
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=3997#post3997

Doug, Scott had posted that up here too back on the 20th of Dec. I wish I would have thought about it at the time but it slipped my mind. Thank you for remembering and for posting that excellent information. That says it all.

Fellas, don't get me wrong. I don't take offense to anyones post here nor meant to offend anyone as well. It's just that I feel strongly that we need to support our county as best as we can. I'm not trying to beat anyone over the head about it (although I feel like I might just be doing that). If you want to buy a Toyota or VW, go ahead and knock yourself out! Cool by me! But, if I can sway someone into buying american made, I did good for us.

Yep, I know that I will be buying a Canadian made Camaro...or at least that it will be assembled there. From what I understand, parts for the 5th Gen will be made in several countries. I imagine a great number of those parts will be made in the USA. This means there are hundreds of companies who depend on building or crafting parts for an american car. If you don't buy it, then they don't make it. Then, the factory that builds the door handles, fabricates dash parts, makes the brake pads, makes the seats, etc doesn't get business and closes down. I'm not just talking about auto factories, but many more factories and suppliers as well. Money that is put in the hands of US automakers tends to stay in american hands.

You want to support your family because they work in a Toyota plant. Cool. But what if truck owners bought Ford F-150's and Silverados instead of Tundras? Ford wouldn't have closed that factory and your neighbor wouldn't have just lost his job, pension, and health benefits. How many american jobs did Ford just cut to keep it afloat? Wasn't it something like 10 thousand jobs? Those were american jobs which could have been saved if someone bought american made. I hear Ford lost something like 2.7 Billion. That's a lot of families that could have been supported. I'm looking long term here. If we stop buying american, money goes to foriegn companies which then goes back to their countries. It doesn't go to the american family to spend on more american products. Our economy as a whole begins to slip....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote