View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 10:57 AM   #3
BradySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgreid View Post
I am about to install a set of exhaust cutouts on my 2011 vert ss (stock except for CAI), and am wondering if this will cause any performance or code related issues. I plan on installing just after the cats, and I don't have enough room back by the diff, with all the vert bracing. As it is I am replacing the trans tunnel bracing with a custom brace to make room up front as well.

Do these engines need back pressure from the exhaust to run properly? Will I be giving up low end torque?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
You won't be losing much torqe bottom end. I just watched that Hotrod muffler test posted on the forced induction section 2.5" vs 3" and they did a test just running the headers with nothing else and it made more power everywhere except a tiny bit below 2000rpm or something. Which you'll never see that rpm anyways when you're racing. I've took my stock hpipe off and ran it for a couple weeks with no check engine light so you should be fine with that as well. I wouldn't worry about the flames either. You're car has 4 cats stock anyways that you're leaving on plus the shielding in the tunnel.
BradySS is offline   Reply With Quote