View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
whitemdd

Drives: 2011 Ford Fiesta
Big C7 Display in Bowling Green

Hello, I'm not a Corvette owner nor do I have any immediate plans to buy one, but I'm a big fan and a regular lurker on these forums. Anyway, I'm traveling in Kentucky this week and I decided I'd stop by Bowling Green today to see if there were any C7s around. I figured I'd see one or two behind a fence at the factory, but on the highway about 40 miles away I saw a red one cruising down the road. When I got to the factory I found C7s not behind a fence but on display.

There were lots of other people there checking out the C7s. It looked like some sort of club gathering. One of the people said there were more C7s on display in the Corvette museum across the street. When I got there. I discovered there were also some in the parking lot.

But the real prize was inside where there were about 8 C7s on display with doors open. The main hall of the museum was packed and the line to get in any C7 was about 4 deep.

The toy one was especially cute:

On the way out, I saw this yellow one leaving the museum:

So what started as a mission to grab a couple "spy" photos became a truly amazing C7 experience. The C7 wasn't at any of the auto shows I went to so this was my first time seeing it in person. Being able to actually sit inside was such a bonus. The all-digital displays were clear and intuitive, they're a generation ahead of what's in most other cars. The driving position seems even lower than the C6, the view ahead is dramatic. Finally, it was simply awesome to actually see C7s in motion too.

So while Corvette ownership is probably not in my immediate future, I know a good car when I see one and I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to celebrate its arrival with other enthusiasts.

See my whole gallery here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3998062...7634365752258/
whitemdd is offline   Reply With Quote