View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #16
Ka Razy

Thanks for the review

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
Ok, Monday I received my copy in the mail, ordered through Amazon, and just finished reading it cover-to-cover.

The book seems well constructed and durable, and is hard-bound with a thick, glossy slip cover. Overall, the book is well presented, and breaks down the entire C7 development into ten general categories. There is a decent amount of insight into the designers' & engineers' thinking during the development process, though perhaps not as in-depth as some might wish for. There is a large number of photos taken throughout the design process, most never seen before by the public. Many of these really help one understand just how much work went into developing the C7, and the amount of detail everyone involved focused on. It is a far more visual depiction than "All Corvettes Are Red", describing the trials and tribulations the C5 Corvette went through to reach production. Every page is thick and medium glossy, as all coffee table books should be.

On a slight downside, there is a small, but glaring (to me at any rate) number of typographic errors that detract just a touch from the overall quality of the book. Larry Edsall probably shouldn't be blamed for this, but the editor(s) certainly should be. That is what an editor is for, right? Editing typos?

I certainly enjoyed reading it and seeing aspects of the car rarely experienced by those not directly involved in its creation. I even found myself looking closely at various photos, attempting to see if my very car was in one of the many plant images, as mine was built very early (sadly, no). Having taken R8C Museum Delivery and taking the VIP plant tour, I could readily relate to many of the things I saw in the book's many photos, enhancing my fun while reading. Overall, I do think this a great addition to any automotive enthusiast's library, and recommend it to all of you.

06-28-13 Status 1100
11-22-13 Status 2000
11-29-13 Status 3000
12-12-13 Status 3300
12-16-13 Status 3400
01-06-14 Status 3800!!
01-10-14 Status 4B00
01-13-14 Status 4200!!!
02-17-14 Delivered!!!!!!!!!!
Ka Razy is offline   Reply With Quote