View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 11:50 AM   #15
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
The Camaro may actually be much more important to GM right now than the G8 and Impala. Currently, this company has absolutely nothing exciting to offer customers who are willing to pay $20-$30,000. There current product lineup is bland and unless you've got the big bucks to get a Corvette or Cadillac, there is nothing in their lineup to give the company a pulse. Remember that this is a company that is not in the best of shape and they need an exciting flagship car that's affordable to lots of people to get people to the showrooms to draw attention to other cars, like the Impala and G8. There success also depends on the image of the company, and a car like the Camaro gives an image of excitement and innovation.
I don't think he was saying that the Camaro is not important to GM. I think it is very apparent that this car is extremely important for the reasons you already stated. However, the G8 and Impala are much more important from a financial standpoint because these are GMs volume cars.

With that said, I don't know that the Camaro has to be mutually exclusive of the G8 and Impala. Just becasue they are in a hurry to get their volume cars under production doesn't necessarily mean they do not have the resources to do the same with the Camaro.

With that said, I still think it will hit the showrooms late in 08.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote