View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #17
TKDubya

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Got my C7 on October 4th and it is a great car. Got into it on Saturday the 19th to take a drive and the LCD screen for the Infotainment system went haywire for absolutely no reason. I just started the car and the trouble began. It started flipping from screen to screen and then started doing some weird stuff like an old television when the picture tube rolls continuously just before it goes out. There was nothing near it to cause any interference and I had not placed anything in the compartment behind the screen other than a pair of Oakley sunglasses.
I took it to my dealer on yesterday morning with the idea that they would replace the screen because the car is so new. I hoped that they wouldn't risk trying to fix it because I don't want a repaired item in my brand new car. An item that should never go out in 14 days. Day two is almost over and I spoke to the service manager and according to them they are still "gathering information" from Chevy tech support because the car is so new. It sounds as if they are learning on the fly and intend on trying to fix whatever the issue is. Quite frankly I don't know if they know what they are doing at all.
I just wanted to find out if anyone else was having this kind of issue with their screen. Also just wanted to make others aware that right now it doesn't seem like they have the answers to some of these problems.
TKDubya is offline   Reply With Quote