View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
jsvette

Drives: C7, XTS, Porsche, C70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philr56 View Post
My 2007 C6 had a transparent roof. A couple of guys in my Corvette group opted for removable headliner covers to keep the temp down and reduce the bar-b-que effect. Don't know if it's been addressed, but transparent roofs tend to develop hairline scratches that no amount of buffing or polishing can remove. Just something to consider if you're going the transparent route.
Philr56: I am totally new to the Coupe roof panel options. I thought it would be preferable to have the transparent since I expected that would be similar to a sun roof in letting in light and actually seeing through it. Conversely I thought the CF standard would not let in light and have no view through it. Finally I did not know what to expect from the CF exposed with body color edging. Since I live in Vegas I also anticipated having a clear tint heat deflector applied to the inside of the transparent panel. That really helped in the heat reduction coming through my large glass roof in my new XTS. So, are my presumptions above correct from your experience? Thanks.
jsvette is offline   Reply With Quote