Thread: 2014 Z28
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWF07 View Post
So if you both believe that it will be close to the SS Camaro, why did they make such a big deal out of the weight saving at the New York show the other day. I would think with the deletions that mentioned, it must save a couple hundred pounds. That would get it closer to 3500-3600 pounds.
I think because of the measures they took to reduce weight, and it is still a few hundred pounds lighter than a ZL1, which could easily mean high 11/low 12's in the 1/4, and faster than the ZL1 around the track not to mention Carbon-Ceramic brakes, which I think will end up as an option on the ZL1. And from what it seems it's a stripped ZL1 engine swap to them, as compared to a stripped SS engine swapped machine.

It's no Lotus by any means, but I think it's great GM is taking chances to bring a car like this to market. Like stated above the Zeta platform is not good for light weight, now come 2016 when the Alpha platform is used, I think a 3100-3200 pound Z/28 is certainly possible, depending on how much the base car weighs.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote