View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #90
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
All retail sold orders are priority 1. Dealers can number then, say 1 then 2 then 3, but that is meaningless. When in consensus, Chevrolet will pull a dealers retail sold orders before pulling stock orders but the dealer will pick which retail sold order is submitted to match allocation. Normally this is not in question, and you may not believe me but before bankruptcy there were dealers who had never submitted a retail sold order and I daresay many of them are still in business. An intelligent dealer will match allocation against order received (dealers are not dumb tho sometimes you may wonder) so if you are #1 on your dealers lists then you most likely be the firsrt matched against allocation. Most likely because sometimes dealers are dumb but 99% of the time things will happen as predicted.

The next Corvette consensus should be the last consensus in July. Apparently only a thousand were picked in the first Corvette (which started Thursday when dealers were told what they could order and will end Tuesday when dealers actually order) consensus, about half what I expected, but I see no reason for there to be a June consensus, because a late July consensus would easily fill the last two weeks of August production.

Museum orders should not affect pick up timing and I am not aware that any order was picked before another because it was a museum delivery.

Laborsmith