View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 12:20 AM   #11
STINGmole

Drives: 2016 Arctic White Stingray
I personally think new is a better deal. Regardless of mileage, you ate up one or two years of the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty by buying used, and the 2016 comes with a bunch of features that are worth getting over the earlier years (Android Auto, "D" steering wheel, improved transmission cooling for the A8, option to black out the chrome bar on the grill, improved top latches, etc). You can also attend Ron Fellows Driving School for $1000 if you buy new, and you have roadside assistance, some OnStar coverage, a couple months of satellite radio, etc.

Here's a new Laguna Blue Z51 manual for $56: http://www.macmulkin.net/VehicleDeta...-NH/2715500073

Personally (what I did), if you're not going to track the car, go with a base 1LT and get the performance exhaust. You save $4500 over the 2LT and you only miss out on heated seats, front parking cam, heads up display, dimming mirrors, and Bose noise cancelling. You save $3800 over the Z51 (assuming you pay $1200 for Performance Exhaust option) and you get the same horsepower and torque, a slightly lighter car, and don't have to deal with brake dust and expensive pad replacement, dry sump system, lower profile tires that don't ride as nice over bumpy roads, and the added complexity of the active rear differential. Don't get me wrong....the Z51 is a GREAT bargain if you're planning on tracking the car or want the features...but if you're pinching pennies to get the most bang for the buck and it won't see a racetrack, skip it. Just my biased opinion.

Ah, just read that you are going to track it. Maybe a 1LT Z51 IS what you need then??

And what gave you the impression that you can get 20% off in the summer? I've never seen discounts that good.

As for the Shelby, they're selling for $10-20k over sticker where I live, and it's a Mustang. FWIW, I own a Mustang GT as a daily driver (so I'm not hating on Mustangs)...but it's still a Mustang. No comparison to the Corvette, and the engine isn't going to have the satisfying high torque at all RPM ranges. It also has a Tremec manual which I'd avoid in either car, but that's a personal rant that I won't get into on this thread. I'm sure it'd be great on the track though, if that's your thing.
STINGmole is offline   Reply With Quote