View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotirisf View Post
you're not hacking your hud with the dashtronix. All it does is input data into the stream going to the HUD. It plugs directly into your OBDII port. You're more likely to do more damage by trying to put in a mirror with the remote display hacksawed into the mirror.
Once you've had the radar display on the hud, whether its Valentine or some other, you dont want to go back to the stand alone display. Especially when you're putting on some overage on the limit, its much easier to have the data in the HUD tracking Leos than to take your eyes off the road. Trust me from experience on that. Here in IL, between state leos gunning us with radar and lidar, its been much easier to have the bogies tracked in the HUD and I can pay attention to road conditions as I am making my slowdown rather than diverting eyes to the radar display that used to be concealed in the dash. As a side note, the funniest look I ever got was when a state leo using lidar couldnt believe that his gun couldnt lock on me and just as it did as I drove by at 55, thats only b/c I turned off the jammer about 100 yards out. He just looked at me and then looked at his gun as if-wtf it wasnt working right.
Haha that is an awesome feeling. There's a company making a jammer that automatically turns off the jamming after i think 6 seconds. Great design so you have plenty of time to slow down, and then not worry about or forget to turn it off so you dont get that unwanted attention of having a jammer, orrr you're jamming in a state that doesn't take so kindly to jammers..