View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #36
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Guys, I wish it would come out sooner as well. I, for one, will have no problem with waiting for it to come out in 09. It actually fits my "planned schedule" better. It won't loose it's luster for me. Sure, Ford will be getting the most business right now. If Dodge gets their Challenger out, it will sell quite a lot as well. But, you have to look at it this way......The majority of people already have a favorite in their heads and are already set on what they are going to buy. They won't go ahead and buy another manufacturers car because they have to wait another year for their original choice vehicle to be released. It will happen for some, but not the majority.

Yes, GM needs to speed it up. But, would you rather have GM in the boat it's in now, or have no Concept Camaro at all? I would rather have it take 2 years. Why? Because I know it will be the best damn musclecar short of the Corvette. That's why!

You're right about them waiting two years to get the car right. That's true. If they want this iteration of the Camaro to be more successful than the last, one of the things it has to be is significantly better in build quality than the competition. That's for sure. But Bob Lutz has said himself that in order for the business case for this car to be successful, they have to sell between 100,000 to 150,000 of these cars a year. If they don't firmly capture the market before the competition, they won't sell between 100,000-150,000 Camaros a year. This isn't 1969 anymore. The car market has shifted alot with alot of different imports and luxury performance sedans for people to consider as alternatives. Muscle cars are a much smaller specialty market. In order sell this number of cars, you have to grab the market share before the competition does. If they don't get it out by '08, they run a high risk of the car facing the same demise as the 4th generation F-body, and none of us want that to happen here.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote