View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 10:26 PM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestizo View Post
This is a disappointment to the common man.

Now, I'm not trying to be a downer or anything. Chevy still has 2 yrs to change since nothing is final yet.

If I'm reading this right, there will be no Z/28 & SS. There will only be 1 V8, but multiple V6s. Ok, now if there is 1 V8 engine with 2 different tunes aggresive and sporty, that would be cool. I mean if the common man is forced to buy either a V6 or a 40K V8 Camaro....that kills the whole vibe.

Like I said, I'm not trying to bash Chevy, but does anyone else read that the same way? I'd say it's highly unlikely they're screwing with us on the engine thing.
I see exactly what you are saying. V6 @ 21K MSRP...high performing V6~25K??? high performace V8 ~30-35K+??? Maybe even 40K??? I for one would have a problem dishing out that kind of cash for the ONLY V8 offered being in that price range. Personally, I won't settle for something due to price. In other words, if they only make one V8 which is in the 35 to 40K price range, I won't be able to afford it. And I DON'T want to say, "yeah...I bought the new Camaro....and my musclecar has a V6....." :o Nah, I'll pass and have to try to see what's offered the next year........or something. I don't want a V6...period.

The way I initially read it was like this.
1. V6
2. V6 high performance
3. V8
4. V8 high performance

Who knows....only time will tell....
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote