View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #40
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
[QUOTE=Dragoneye;15858]

But don't underestimate Ford. They, along with GM are on a bit of a rebound...Plus, Ford has a knack for surprising people (i.e. The Edge). The Mustang could very well turn around in 2009 and all of a sudden have 400 hp.
QUOTE]

The Edge? Really Dragon? I thought the Edge was crap. We drove one, and it just did't cut it. I would rather take the mechanically similar (if not identical) Mazda CX-9. I think it looks better and while I haven't driven one myself, my brother has and he was impressed with it.

I have to say, while I won't sit here and specifically bash Ford, there isn't a Ford on the market today that I would buy. I don't like what they are offering right now. That Interceptor show car looks promising, but I would rather have an Charger SRT-8. I don't like the looks of the Mustang. I would take a Chevy/GMC truck over the Ford line any day. And, as for their cars....are you kidding? The Focus, the "Taurus", the Fusion? Way too many other (better) options out there. I've never liked the Expeditions or Explorers. And the Escapes are junk. My parents and my brother each have one. I've driven them. They suck.

I don't want Ford to go away by any means. I agree, competition is good for the consumers. But, just like GM over the past few years, they need to start with some better designs, then bring them to market.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote