View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 01:01 PM   #11
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Hell, look at the in-depth reviews of the M4 GTS, so many compromises for daily driving, blank buttons everywhere, harsh ride, loop-handles, and the 1LE takes it on the track. This is my beef with BMW, you have to move up so far in their range to get comparable performance, and then you have to make so many sacrifices to get there at a premium price, it just leaves me totally disgusted. Obviously part of the premium is supposed to be the luxury you get with these cars, but the other part was supposed to be you spend more money and you get more performance.
Sat in a new M4 at the dealership while my wife's car was in for service.

Can honestly say the following for the M4 with a price point of $86,000:

-Seats are much nicer than the SS/1LE seats in terms of materials and looks. Recaros grip better.

-Door panels are definitely a big step up in materials and layout.

-Dash is complicated with buttons for everything, along with the center tunnel/console area.

-Steering wheel isn't any nicer than the Camaro.

-Visibility is better at the C pillar, but that's every car vs. the Camaro.

-Trunk opening is wider and lower but the height is more restrictive if that makes sense. Not a deep trunk.

-Car feels larger overall (I'd have to look up the dimensions, it should be the same as the Camaro).

-Materials and fit and finish were a little bit nicer overall, but it didn't make the Camaro feel downmarket at all compared to my 2SS. It didn't have some features the Camaro has (heated steering, HUD, larger infotainment screen, same amount of USB ports in same hard to reach area).

BMW just feels like a dying brand these days when it comes to performance cars. The M4 almost felt forced, like they did it because they had to rather than because they wanted to.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote